What is Christian Science?
What is Christian Science
Christian Science Official Website: Learn more about Christian Science from their official website. http://www.christianscience.com/what-is-christian-science
Christian Science Tenets of Faith
- As adherents of Truth, we take the inspired Word of the Bible as our sufficient guide to eternal Life.
- We acknowledge and adore one supreme and infinite God. We acknowledge His Son, one Christ; the Holy Ghost or divine Comforter; and man in God’s image and likeness.
- We acknowledge God’s forgiveness of sin in the destruction of sin and the spiritual understanding that casts out evil as unreal. But the belief in sin is punished so long as the belief lasts.
- We acknowledge Jesus’ atonement as the evidence of divine, efficacious Love, unfolding man’s unity with God through Christ Jesus the Way-shower; and we acknowledge that man is saved through Christ, through Truth, Life, and Love as demonstrated by the Galilean Prophet in healing the sick and overcoming sin and death.
- We acknowledge that the crucifixion of Jesus and his resurrection served to uplift faith to understand eternal Life, even the allness of Soul, Spirit, and the nothingness of matter.
- And we solemnly promise to watch, and pray for that Mind to be in us which was also in Christ Jesus; to do unto others as we would have them do unto us; and to be merciful, just, and pure.
Reference: Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, pp. 496–497
Mary Baker Eddy
Mary Baker Eddy is the discoverer and founder of Christian Science and the author of the Christian Science textbook, Science and Health With Key to the Scriptures. To find out more about Mary Baker Eddy go to: https://www.christianscience.com/what-is-christian-science/mary-baker-eddy
Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures
Christian Science and Biblical Christianity
What is the Gospel?
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.” (John 3:16)
Pastor Bryan Chapell
What is the Gospel
Pastor John Piper
What is the Christian Gospel
What is the Difference?
Often people will ask what’s the difference between Christian Science and biblical Christianity. The differences are both subtle and profound. Here are some foundational differences:
- Though much of the language is the same, the definitions of the words are different.
- Biblical Christianity relies solely on Scripture which tells a unified story of redemption while Christian Science understands scripture only through the lens of Mary Baker Eddy’s, metaphysical approach, explained in Science and Health with Key to the Scripture. Though Christian Science is purportedly based on Scripture, their main authority is Mary Baker Eddy.
- While Christian Science teaches that Jesus is the savior, they know him to be merely a man, a good teacher, and a “Way-shower.” Biblical Christianity knows Jesus as the Savior, fully God and fully man, and the second member of the trinity.
Whether you are ready to reach out to us or you’re just collecting information for a friend, we are happy you are here. We invite you to sign up to receive our monthly emails with encouragement, resources and event updates.